Misdemeanors won't send you to prison, but they can still lead to significant consequences such as fines, jail time, and stringent probation requirements.
When you're facing misdemeanor charges in Georgia, you need a knowledgeable and experienced criminal defense attorney who has a strong grasp of the relevant legal statutes, as well as a keen understanding of jurisdictional “unwritten rules” such as knowing which prosecutors are most amenable to plea agreements,
and which judges allow work release or weekend jail.
There's a lot a skilled attorney can do for you. In short, defense attorneys examine cases to identify unique elements; develop and present strong arguments against conviction; and help clients navigate the criminal justice system. They also present mitigating information to reduce fines, jail time, and other penalties in case of conviction.
Here are just a few of the many things our adept Atlanta defense attorney can do when you hire Rechtman & Spevak to represent you:
- Investigate the case, including gathering evidence and interviewing witnesses
- Assess the prosecutor's case against you
- Review your criminal history (if any), and work to understand your personal situation and goals for the case
- Assess the potential sentences you're facing
- Explore your eligibility for special courts or sentencing programs
- Review police reports, as well as dash cam and body cam videos
- Review search and seizure procedures
- Question the way your arrest was made
- Challenge the evidence chain of custody or reliability of a breathalyzer test (older models may have higher fail rates)
- Negotiate reduced charges or a plea deal
- Negotiate reduced bail and more reasonable release conditions
- Negotiate reduced sentences
Consult a Seasoned Atlanta Criminal Defense Attorney
If you're facing probation, fines, or jail time, you need an attorney who's familiar with Georgia's criminal statutes and court process to advocate for you each and every step of the way. Fortunately, you've come to the right firm. Contact Rechtman & Spevak today to schedule an appointment for a private consultation to find out what we can do for you and your case.