Inflatable bounce houses are becoming an increasingly popular attraction for children, popping up everywhere from church fundraisers to birthday parties to indoor playgrounds to fairs and carnivals. If installed and used properly, these inflatable structures can provide kids with hours of bouncy fun. Unfortunately, when bounce houses are set up incorrectly—or safety rules aren't enforced—serious injuries can result. If your child was hurt in an accident involving an inflatable bounce house, you may have grounds for a personal injury lawsuit.

Here's What You Should Know About Bounce Houses

Bounce houses may seem safe, but they send thousands of children to urgent cares and emergency rooms each year for injuries such as cuts and abrasions, strains and sprains, broken bones, whiplash, and head injuries. In extreme cases, bounce houses can even be lifted into the air by the wind with children still inside, resulting in injuries Boy Playing in a Bouncy House Ball Pitthat are often catastrophic or fatal.

The liable party can vary depending on the circumstances of the case. It could be an owner or operator who failed to appropriately inspect or install the bounce house, the manufacturer of a faulty component, or someone who ran the bounce house and allowed too many children inside at once. You could potentially also have a premises liability claim against the owner or operator of the property where your child got hurt.

Recovering compensation for your child requires proving that the defendant owed your child a duty of care and breached that duty, and the resulting breach led to damages. Depending on the available evidence, we could help you recover compensation for your child's current and future accident-related medical care, as well as lost wages and out-of-pocket costs you've incurred as a result.

Talk to Us About Your Personal Injury Case

At Rechtman & Spevak, our skilled Atlanta personal injury lawyers help clients recover the full and fair compensation they deserve. Contact us today to schedule a free initial consultation to discuss your case.