While it's technically possible to handle your own truck accident insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit, doing so would put you at a serious disadvantage. Commercial trucking companies and their drivers are often represented by a team of corporate lawyers whose primary job is to protect their clients' bottom lines by helping them avoid liability for accidents and injuries.
If you choose to handle your truck accident case by yourself, you risk being outmatched by savvy lawyers with years of experience.
Truck Accidents Cause Severe Injuries, And Huge Medical Bills
After a truck accident, you may be seriously injured, temporarily out of work, and unable to keep up with mounting accident-related medical debt.
Or even worse, if you lost a loved one in a tragic truck crash, you may be trying to manage your grief and navigate the complex wrongful death claims process at the same time. Either way, with so much at stake, it's no time to go it alone.
What Can A Truck Injury Lawyer Do For You?
A skilled personal injury attorney hired to represent you in a truck accident case can:
- Level the playing field. Having an attorney discourages insurance corporations and fleet companies from attempting to push you around. With an attorney by your side, this communicates to the other parties you're taking the claim seriously—and so should they.
- Conduct a thorough investigation. Your attorney can gather evidence, interview witnesses, hire expert witnesses, and preserve and request evidence from the other party's defense team.
- Fight claims of shared liability. Insurance companies may claim you were partially responsible for the accident in order to reduce their financial responsibilities. An attorney can fight these defenses to prevent them from harming your ability to collect compensation for damages.
- Negotiate a fair settlement. Insurance companies and their lawyers often offer unfair, low-ball settlements to truck accident victims without legal counsel. An attorney can help you negotiate a settlement that meets your needs.
- Take your case to court, if necessary. In the event that a fair settlement can't be reached, an experienced personal injury attorney can take your case all the way to trial.
Consult a Skilled Personal Injury Attorney
If you were seriously hurt or lost a loved one in a Georgia truck accident caused by another person or entity's negligence, the seasoned attorneys with Rechtman & Spevak can help you investigate your rights and options for compensation. Contact us today to request an appointment for a complimentary initial case consultation.