Home Depot has a strong presence in Metro Atlanta. The area is home to the retailer's corporate headquarters and two flagship stores, as well as an additional 60 locations. All in all, the company employs more than 10,000 people in Metro Atlanta alone.
Different Ways That Home Depot Workers Can Be Injured
Workers in these warehouse-style home improvement centers face a number of hazards on a daily basis. As a result, accidents, injuries, and subsequent workers' compensation claims are not uncommon. Home Depot employee hazards can include:
- Slips and falls (caused by wet or slippery flooring, spills, or debris)
- Falls from heights (such as ladders or scaffolding)
- Back and shoulder injuries from lifting
- Falling objects (like unsafely stacked lumber or improperly secured overhead displays)
- Heavy equipment injuries
- Crushing hazards (in or between equipment or other objects)
- Respiratory irritants (such as hazardous chemicals, dusts, or fibers)
- Dangerous chemicals and materials
- Ergonomics injuries (serious strains, sprains, or repetitive motion injuries)
If you're an Atlanta-area Home Depot worker who was injured on the job, you may be entitled to workers' compensation benefits, such as related medical expenses, weekly income benefits, rehabilitation costs, permanent disability payments. Additionally, if you're killed in a work accident or die from your injuries, your family may be entitled to death benefits including survivor's income benefits, as well as funeral and burial costs.
After a Home Depot workplace accident, following these steps can help protect your right to workers' compensation benefits:
- Seek immediate medical attention for your injuries
- Inform your supervisor about the accident and your injuries as soon as possible
- Contact a knowledgeable and experienced workers' compensation attorney
Facing uncertainty after suffering an on-the-job injury at Home Depot? The Georgia workers' compensation process can be complex and complicated. At Rechtman & Spevak, our exceptional legal team will work to help you maximize your claim, so that you can collect the much-needed benefits you deserve.
Talk to Us About Your Claim
Contact Rechtman & Spevak today to schedule an appointment for a free initial consultation to discuss your Home Depot workers' compensation claim.