Can I choose my own doctor for my Workers' Comp claim?

If you are injured in a workplace accident in Georgia, your employer is required to provide you with a list of physicians, from which you will choose who will treat you following your on-the-job injury. The doctor that you choose from this panel is called an “authorized treating physician” (ATP), and he or she will provide you with medical care for as long as you need. If you are dissatisfied with the treatment or the medical report you receive from an ATP, you are authorized to make a one-time change under Georgia law.